Friday, May 11, 2007

Choco Flake Bitter

Choco Flake Bitter is a recent find for me in Thailand. It is another chocolate product made by the Japanese chocolate company Morinaga. They are essentially corn flakes covered with dark chocolate. I bought the package on a whim just to see if they would be any good. They are actually quite excellent! I was pleasantly surprised especially since the label says it only has 8% cocoa powder and 3% cocoa mass. It also has sugar and palm oil and another powder.

After doing the math and looking at the Thai translation more closely, I see that the chocolate coating is actually 42% cocoa powder and about 2% cocoa mass. If you can get your hands on this, I recommend it! If you can't, I bet that you could come up with you own version of chocolate covered corn flakes.

I also have to show you back of the package. I like the illustrations used to help the consumer understand how to open, pour, store and eat Choco Flake Bitter. At least that is what I think that is what they instruct.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really great, not as a cereal but as a snack or to put out for others to eat at a party!!

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog, good post...keep up the good job